Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Winter Skin

One of the challenges with having sensitive skin is that you need something both nourishing, yet non-comedogenic during the winter time. My skin has always been temperamental and has changed a lot during this transition into my 30's.

I've tried a million and one products, but here are the winners that really help keep things in control.



MORNING:
1.Glycolix glycolic/salicylic cleanser - I always wash my face in the morning with this 10% glycolic acid/2% salicylic acid combo cleanser. It provides a gentle cleanse with just the right amount of glycolic chemical exfoliation and excess oil prevention.
2. Derm-E tea tree/Vit E cream - The next step after the cleanser to help rejuvenate my skin post-cleanse. Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and also great for blemish-prone skin like my own.

DAYTIME:
1. AHAVA SPF 50 facial lotion - Plenty of SPF protection in a lightweight mineral formula that soaks right into my skin & can be layered easily under makeup if desired.
2. Amlactin lotion - Ideal for gentle chemical exfoliation of rough skin (like elbows, knees, back, etc.) and gentle enough to use daily.

NIGHT:
1. Acure argan oil - After removing my makeup with a witch hazel toner (not pictured), I usually replenish my skin for the evening with this argan oil. I've tried a number of brands, but particularly like this one because of the dropper design and lightweight oil that absorbs instantly.
2. Green Clay - If any areas of my face are misbehaving, I mix up a tiny bit of this powdered clay with 1-2 drops of water and let it work its magic. This clay has the amazing ability to draw out every last bit of oil and debris causing any blemishes. It can be drying, however, so is best used as a spot treatment rather than all-over.

These products have been lifesavers over the years, particularly with all of the travel...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)